Re: RMAN

From: John Thomas <jt2354_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 21:37:37 +0000

Does depend entirely on throughput of your connectivity to the backups. I get 1.25 hour recovery for a 3000GB database from storage connected over dual 8Gbit/sec HBAs.

That's with 32 RMAN channels on, ah hem, cough, MS Windows...

We also have compressed de-duplicating disc-based backup storage which can do the same job in 13 hours. Yer pays your money...

Regards,

JT