Re: Snapshot Standby Automatization

From: Marcos Colmenares H. <mcolmenares_at_newtechsistemas.com.ve>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 08:19:56 -0430

Good Day,

We had a consultant from oracle come in and it he said its not as easy since you need to check if the last logs have been applied before it lets you switch

/*** BEGIN Setting as SNPSHT_STBY ***/

SQL> alter database recover managed standby database cancel;

Database altered.

SQL> shutdown immediate;
ORA-01109: database not open

Database dismounted.
ORACLE instance shut down.
SQL>
SQL> startup mount;
ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area 2.2120E+10
bytes

Fixed Size                  2169168
bytes
Variable Size            4563404464
bytes
Database Buffers         1.7515E+10
bytes
Redo Buffers               39477248

bytes
Database mounted.
SQL>
SQL> alter database convert to snapshot standby; alter database convert to snapshot standby *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-38784: Cannot create restore point
'SNAPSHOT_STANDBY_REQUIRED_09/17/2015
16:46:33'.
ORA-01153: an incompatible media recovery is active

SQL> alter database convert to snapshot standby; alter database convert to snapshot standby *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-38784: Cannot create restore point
'SNAPSHOT_STANDBY_REQUIRED_09/17/2015
16:49:07'.
ORA-01153: an incompatible media recovery is active

SQL> alter database recover managed standby database cancel;

Database altered.

SQL> alter database convert to snapshot standby;

Database altered.

SQL> alter database open;

Database altered.

/*** END Setting as SNPSHT_STBY ***/