Snapshot Standby Automatization

From: Marcos Colmenares H. <mcolmenares_at_newtechsistemas.com.ve>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 14:35:09 -0430

Good Day,

We are trying to use a standby site as a disposable alternate site but we need the proccess to be fully automated or with as little interaction as possible. Has anyone had any experience with this type of setup?

Users need to Read data from a DB which can not be read from at that point, but the software they use to read does some writes for audit which we will do without (management had a say) we would be pausing the archivelog apply for that alternate prior to the primary becoming "un-available" so the snapshot the users are using is the most recent prior to the process which stops them from accessing.

Any and all help and ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Marcos Colmenares H

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Sep 17 2015 - 21:05:09 CEST

Original text of this message