Re: unrecoverable datafiles ?

From: Kenny Payton <k3nnyp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 22:25:58 -0400

I absolutely agree. As a practice we run backup validates weekly since the databases we do this in are typically 20-30T in size. Unfortunately this is one of those environments that gets little attention and when the change in strategy was implemented several things were missed. No excuse really, we screwed up in a number of ways for this database and are paying the price.

Kenny