Rollback via Fast Recovery Area - Oracle 11g

From: Eriovaldo Andrietta <ecandrietta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 09:03:28 -0300

Hi,

I am planning a rollback (Fast Recovery Area) procedure in the Oracle 11g. The idea is: Change the product version. For example, the product is in the version 10.0 and I need to change some objects and data increasing the version to 10.1.

If everything is OK I don´t need rollback, it is considered as GO but for some reason, I can imagine many, the customer says: NOGO, so I need to rollback to version 10.0

I did some research about Fast Recovery Area and commands are bellow.

My doubts are:

1.) Does anyone have experience with this recovery resource ? 2.) If I don´t need rollback , can I only drop restore point that all changes made will stay in the database ?

/* ---------- BEGIN ------------------------- */

shutdown immediate
startup mount
archive log list
show parameter db_recovery_file

ALTER SYSTEM SET DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST_SIZE = 10g; ALTER SYSTEM SET DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST = '<some folder in the database server disk>';

select flashback_on from v$database;
alter database flashback on ;
select flashback_on from v$database;
create restore point teste guarantee flashback database; select flashback_on from v$database;
select scn, garantee_flashback_database, time, name from v$restore_point; alter database open;
-----------> ****************************************************

<------------

-----------> Change objects via DDL commands in the database
 <------------

-----------> Change data via DML commands in the database
<------------

-----------> ****************************************************
<------------ shutdown immediate

startup mount
flashback database to restore point stable; alter database open resetlogs;

drop restore point stable;
select flashback_on from v$database;
alter database flashback on ;
select flashback_on from v$database;
flashback database to restore point teste; alter database open resetlogs;
ALTER SYSTEM SET DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST_SIZE = 0; ALTER SYSTEM SET DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST = '';

Regards
Eriovaldo