Re: Configuring multiple listeners/ports for one RAC database

From: Sundar Mahadevan <sundarmahadevan82_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 09:44:45 -0400

Thanks Mark and Andrew. Sorry for the late reply. I like the idea of using service_names. Here is the what i believe i should do. Please correct me if i am wrong.

I currently have listener on scan hostname/ip on port 1521. Just stick with one listener and there is no need for more listeners. alter system set service_names='service1,service2,service3' scope=both sid='*';
I did confirm that ISSYS_MODIFIABLE=IMMEDIATE for parameter service_names. So the change to service_names would take effect immediately. Now all services service1,service2,service3 will be served. In tnsnames.ora, I should use service1/2/3 from the applications instead of SID.
If i wanted to remove service3, i just run alter system set service_names='service1,service2' scope=both sid='*'; Clients using service_name=service3 in tnsnames.ora will no longer be able to connect.

Thanks again for your help.