Re: Backup 12c database in catalog in 11g database

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 20:18:09 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Sandra,
FYI. You can import your existing RMAN catalog schema into a different one, if you have no seperate test catalog (schema) yet.

Documentation: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/backup.112/e10643/rcmsynta026.htm#RCMRF198

So you can test the upgrade catalog procedure with the real RMAN meta-data.

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Freelance Oracle performance consultant and researcher Homepage: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK