Re: Backup 12c database in catalog in 11g database

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 15:18:19 -0600

The database that hosts the catalog also hosts an internal application. We also need to ensure our 9i databases can be backed up with the catalog. In addition, we have very strict policies about when databases can be upgraded. I was wondering about upgrading the catalog itself and not the database.

Sandy

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 5:02 PM, Mladen Gogala <dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org> wrote:

> On 06/04/2015 01:42 PM, Sandra Becker wrote:
>
>> We recently created our first 12c database. Our backup scripts expect
>> the database to registered in the catalog. Unfortunately, the catalog is in
>> an 11g database which isn't scheduled to be upgraded until 2nd quarter of
>> 2016.
>>

> Catalog is the ONLY database that I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade right
> now. The burden on that database is very light and that part of 12c is well
> tested.
>
> --
> Mladen Gogala
> Oracle DBA