RE: Monitoring Standard Edition in EM 12c

From: Peter Sharman <pete.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 17:12:49 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry, Mladen, there are a number of points where you are just flat out wrong. You CAN monitor non-Oracle stuff with EM12c, it's been around for years so it's NOT a newcomer, you CAN write your own plugins, I could go on...

PLEASE if anyone wants to know the capabilities of EM12c, ask someone who knows the product, like me, rather than listening to this rubbish spouted by Mladen.

If I pissed you off Mladen, too bad, you need to understand it's better to tell the truth than just write stuff that's is flat out wrong. I know that will cause you to rubbish me and send lots of email about it, but I can tell you now I will be ignoring all of it.

Pete

Pete Sharman
Database Architect, DBaaS / DBLM
Enterprise Manager Product Suite
33 Benson Crescent CALWELL ACT 2905 AUSTRALIA Phone: +61262924095 | | Fax: +61262925183 | | Mobile: +61414443449  Email: pete.sharman_at_oracle.com Twitter: @SharmanPete LinkedIn: au.linkedin.com/in/petesharman Website: petewhodidnottweet.com

"Controlling developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not, it's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term Oracle DBA