Re: ASM rebalancing

From: Oscar Ofiana <oj.ofiana_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 14:55:42 +1000

I wondered about this as well, since I also vaguely recalled reading somewhere that ASM would do this. The closest I could find though is Intelligent Data Placement, where you can specify the hot data be placed on the outermost disk tracks. Hardly an automatic process though.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e18951/asmdiskgrps.htm#OSTMG13790

Regards,
Oscar