Re: Autostarting wallet question.

From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 09:58:10 -0500

Just to circle back on this topic.

I have been creating "local" wallets and using them on remote machines just fine. I did find one peculiarity that I filed as a bug, though. Since I was testing with "simple" passwords, I discovered that the "alter system" way of creating a key has a completely different password complexity check than does orapki. For instance,

this will work:
alter system set encryption key identified by ora11g;

this will not:
orapki wallet create -wallet $ORACLE_BASE/admin/$ORACLE_SID/wallet -auto_login_local -pwd ora11g

PKI-01002: Invalid password:Passwords must have a minimum length of eight characters and contain alphabetic characters combined with numbers or special characters.

Obviously, not a big deal, just an annoyance. :)

--
Charles Schultz