dNFS and incompatible NFS server?

From: Wayne Smith <oracle_at_pushawlake.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 12:33:25 -0400

I have an NFS server that is not compatible with dNFS (it cannot allow the "norootsquash" and "insecure" options). It is, however, my target for rman backups & restores.

Is there a way for me to use dNFS for my other database files, but have the kernel NFS handle the non-compatible NFS volume?

Now, dNFS, in futile efforts, pounds the incompatible server on the insecure ports and kicks off a few events OEM "critical" events each night, which cause my fellow DBAs to shun dNFS:

  • ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump
    [kgnfs_check_for_timedout_requests()+812] [SIGSEGV] [ADDR:0x10C]
    [PC:0x77CD9D6] [Address not mapped to object] []

Thanks and cheers, Wayne