Re: Direct NFS and ZS3

From: Freek D'Hooge <freek.dhooge_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2015 20:54:10 +0200

dNFS should consume less cpu then iSCSI and I find it easier to use. But I don't know why you would create ASM on top of the NFS volumes? Unless you have to use ASM because you have a standard edition rac, it seems to me as an unnecessary layer.

With 11.2 you still need to set your record size to match the db block size and research the zfs volume properties. But mind you, support for 11.2.0.4 will end this year (unless you pay an additional maintenance fee).

One thing that you might want to test is what happens when the NFS volume containing the OCR becomes offline. I have tested this with Netapp storage and oracle 10.2 and 11.2 (or .1 can't find it directly), and the io would not failover to the OCR mirror (as the IO to the voting files does).
This resulted in a halt of all cluster operations (although normal db operations could continue).

regards,