Re: Direct NFS and ZS3

From: Fernando Jose Andrade <correo_at_fjandrade.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 11:16:09 -0500

Thanks Freek

As far as I see it’s a 10Gbps ethernet by fiber connector. The LUNs are provisioned by iSCSI.

The database is 11.2.0.4, but it’s not on production yet.

I don’t know if this configuration is worst than DNFS, I have read around the web that DNFS beats iSCSI but I haven’t tried response times with ORION or SLOB yet.

I wonder.. if I use ASM over DNFS I make zero filled files with dd and then I feed ASM with them as disks? I have read Yuri's Velikanov post about no penalty in using ASM over DNFS but the configuration is not as clear as I wanted. (http://www.pythian.com/blog/are-there-performance-penalties-running-oracle-asm-on-nfs/ <http://www.pythian.com/blog/are-there-performance-penalties-running-oracle-asm-on-nfs/>)

Thanks for your time.

FJA