Re: recompile causes an ORA-21700: object does not exist or is marked for delete

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 16:46:16 -0400

On 03/13/2015 02:12 PM, Andrew Kerber wrote:
> This is pretty much a wild shot in the dark because you provide us
> very little information. But did you try setting
> _system_trigs_enabled to false?

What??? The problem is caused by a badly written application which is creating and dropping objects dynamically. In addition to that, fiddling with hidden parameters can render your database unsupported. You should never, ever dispense an advice like that. Setting _system_trigs_enabled to false is equivalent to "startup update". I don't see how that can help, especially with as little information as the OP has given us. I consider such an advice rather irresponsible. Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA