Re: Relocating LOB segment

From: Brent Day <coloradodba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 20:34:55 -0700

Since it is a LOB you can't parallelize it.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e25523/parallel001.htm#CACGFHCC

You can typically use parallel DDL where you use regular DDL. There are, however, some additional details to consider when designing your database. One important restriction is that parallel DDL cannot be used on tables with object or LOB columns.