Relocating LOB segment

From: Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed_at_xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 03:26:30 +0000

Hi folks,
We need to relocate a ~300GB LOB segment from one tablespace to another tablespace. The MOVE command, when ran against copy of production, took somewhere around 20 hours to relocate the LOB. When I ran the ALTER TABLE.... Command with parallel option and traced it with 10046, it seems that under the hood the operation was getting serialized. I was wondering if anyone has experience with relocating large LOB segments and what approach was taken to minimize the down time. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Amir