Re: web enabled ./runInstaller ?

From: Ethan Post <post.ethan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 16:32:46 -0600

Great idea actually. The install hurdle prevents me from trying a lot of products. Run a compiled executable on the server, that throws up a web server and provides the java install app, and other programs for that matter. Would be nice if you could get a ssh shell from the browser also if you needed it, not necessary. I know it can be done. Also would be nice if you could actually download the software that way, so all you download initially is the single executable, then it can have the server, or client download the software you select, and then it could be uploaded from the client if you had to go that route (sometimes servers don't have outbound access).