Re: Oracle Learning Streams

From: Patrice sur GMail <patrice.boivin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 18:54:15 -0400

in my case... the subscription was for 3 months and the three months went by without my having completed more than about 35% of a training session. Oracle pulled the plug, apparently their servers can't support allowing people to access OLT at their leisure for an extended period of time.

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 4:14 PM, Rich Jesse < rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com> wrote:

> Hey Andy,
>
> > Does anyone have any feedback/experiences using Oracle Learning Streams (
> >
> http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=745
> ),
> > specifically the Database track? My employer is looking for some
> feedback
> > before pulling the trigger on some subscriptions.
>
> I don't have the subscription, but after previewing the database track, the
> videos shown look very similar to the Data Guard Admin Self Study CD I
> purchased in 2014.
>
> While that "CD" (download) was helpful in understanding terms and concepts,
> I had a very difficult time with the practical application of actually
> setting up Data Guard, specifically Active Data Guard, after the course. I
> ended up using manuals and surfing around the web to help me with the setup
> and monitoring.
>
> I've decided to only rely on instructor-led training from now on. YMMV.
>
> My $.02,
> Rich

-- Patrice
My profiles: [image: Facebook]