Re: RMAN catalog upgrade to 12c fails with ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Partitioning

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 15:13:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Marian,
well it is documented, but a little bit hidden in the official Oracle doc. Starting with 12.1.0.2, VPD is also a required feature for RMAN catalog databases (for virtual private catalogs). VPD is an enterprise edition option - so it is documented in some kind of way.

http://docs.oracle.com/database/121/BRADV/rcmcatdb.htm#BRADV848

The "-all" option is not needed anyway.

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler