Re: RMAN catalog upgrade to 12c fails with ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Partitioning

From: Mckay-dirden, Michael (Student) <"Mckay-dirden,>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 13:17:36 +0000

According to this the blog you have to upgrade to EE but do not require an EE license providing it's only used as a catalog: https://blogs.oracle.com/UPGRADE/entry/rman_catalog_requires_ee_in<https://blogs.oracle.com/UPGRADE/entry/rman_catalog_requires_ee_in>

Also confirmed from (search Infrastructure Repository Database):

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/license.112/e47877.pdf

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/license.111/b28287/editions.htm#DBLIC119

Regards,
Mike

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Marian Bednar <bednar_at_nbs.sk> Sent: 24 October 2014 13:38
To: "oracle-l_at_freelists.org"_at_nbs.sk Subject: RMAN catalog upgrade to 12c fails with ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Partitioning

Only FYI:

After creating new 12.1.0.2 db I want to add it to RMAN backup. I've run UPGRADE CATALOG and here is output

RMAN> upgrade catalog;

recovery catalog owner is RMAN
enter UPGRADE CATALOG command again to confirm catalog upgrade

RMAN> upgrade catalog;

error creating create_deleted_object_seq

RMAN-06004: ORACLE error from recovery catalog database: ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Partitioning

I am surprised to find that for RMAN catalog I need enterprise edition with partitioning...

in Doc ID 1927265.1 is only statement "This is an undocumented requirement"

Marian