Re: Some body know the impact in performance of unused database options installed

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 15:55:32 -0600

Depends on what you define as overhead.

If I understand your suggestion, it's basically a DI Y project Which means the overhead is in starting, implementing, and maintaining the 'kernel' and any features/capabilities.

Which puts it somewhere around the Berkeley or MySQL arena, right?

And when 'you' implement the PL/SQL capabilities, you can then start down the "what are the attack vectors inadvertently created" road ...

Personally, I think Oracle server is far less expensive. ;-)

/Hans