Re: Disable flashback in either shutdown or nomount mode?

From: Don Seiler <don_at_seiler.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 13:43:29 -0500

I did forget to mention that this is on 11.2.0.3.

Also this problem only seems to occur when starting our STAGING database which is on NFS (direct NFS) on the ZFSSA. With our DEV database on ASM we don't see this problem.

I just did a long overdue review of our NFS mount options. They were: defaults,rw,noatime,bg,hard,tcp,nfsvers=3,timeo=600,rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,noacl

I changed them to:
rw,bg,hard,nointr,tcp,vers=3,timeo=600,rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,actimeo=0

We'll see how it goes this weekend.

--
Don Seiler
http://www.seiler.us