Re: Fast Refresh Materialized View on Prebuilt Table

From: Kim Berg Hansen <kibeha_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 12:57:39 +0200

Hi Charlotte

Is there a specific reason you wish to copy the table from source to target manually and then create the mview using prebuilt?

We use mview replication quite a bit, and I've always just created the fast refreshable mviews with "build immediate" and that way let the mview do the initial copying of the table.
That way the source mview log keeps the changes during the mview build and then the first fast refresh afterwards will get those changes.

Regards

Kim Berg Hansen

http://dspsd.blogspot.com
kibeha_at_gmail.com