Fast Refresh Materialized View on Prebuilt Table

From: Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 06 Oct 2014 10:25:34 -0000

 Hi All,
I'm creating a large fast-refreshable materialized view using a prebuilt table.   The problem I have is that by the time I have copied the table from the source system to the target system several hours have passed and there are now numerous changes on the target.  As soon as I issue the CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW command the log is deleted and the fast refresh starts on a table which is by now out of date. I'm looking for a good way to sync up the changes made during the copy period.   I've got some ideas using triggers (and possibly a small outage on the source) but it's seems messy. I'm wondering if I'm missing some clean / built-in functionality to resolve this? The database is 11.2.0.4 SE
Thanks in advance for any ideas!Charlotte