RE: Backups versus snapshots

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 17:30:45 -0400

As the subject of a conversation "Isn't he that guy who is overly paranoid?" which after it was reflected back to me I replied: "I'm a DBA - of course the world is out to get me,"

I'll say +42 to Kevin's response.

And of course you don't overwrite your online backup of all the files of tablespace X making the new online backup of tablespace X, do you?

mwf