Re: Backups versus snapshots

From: Paresh Yadav <yparesh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 22:48:00 -0400

Speaking about retention > 30 days. Has anyone actually has done *successful* recall of a backup more than 3 years old and if the backup was found, recovery was succesful i.e. backup media/pieces were good? If yes how much time it took from ordering the recall to recovering the database?

This is a theoretical question but I am very curious to find out what happens to all the tapes that are few years old (physical condition of the tape media, ability to locate them etc.).

Thanks
Paresh
416-688-1003