ntp check fails during 11.2.0.4 Install

From: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 19:56:57 -0700

Hello
I am trying to install 11.2.0.4 GI (OS is Linux 6.5) and during the final checks, the installer complains of ntp check failing on both nodes (2 node rac installation).

My ntpd file on both nodes is
 cat /etc/sysconfig/ntpd
# Drop root to id 'ntp:ntp' by default.
OPTIONS="-x -u ntp:ntp -p /var/run/ntpd.pid -g"

The ntp daemon is started on both nodes.

OUI just reports like this ' This task verifies the cluster time synhronization on clusters that use Network Time Protocol (NTP)' Check failed on Nodes 'node2, node1'

If I stop ntp and then ctssd check is fine and the installer would let me install. But I have read that there are several issues with ctssd and I also want to figure out what is wrong with the ntp service that it gives this error.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Kumar