RE: Database environment change management

From: Iggy Fernandez <iggy_fernandez_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 11:25:08 -0700

Consider RDA. It's from Oracle; it's free; it's customizable; and does precisely what you need: quickly answer the question “What’s Changed?” when a problem arises. Did I mention that is free and customizable. Iggy
From: Chris.Stephens_at_adm.com
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 13:07:17 -0500
Subject: Database environment change management

What do people use to document changes to Oracle database environments? I mean that in the broadest sense. I’m more concerned with patches / upgrades / changes to configuration files / hardware changes / etc. I’m not really concerned with ddl/dml changes since we’ll do that through auditing. Our environment is growing quickly and the number of hands touching different pieces of the infrastructure is also increasing. It’s becoming harder to quickly answer the question “What’s Changed?” when a problem arises. Thanks in advance for any responses. Chris CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by email reply.