Re: Database environment change management

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 12:45:22 -0600

Encourage you to look at Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control.

Much of the Cloud Control is already included in your license (at no additional cost, as described at
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/doc.121/e24474/ch10_base_functionality.htm#BGBFJBHH).

The 'for fee' Database Lifecycle Management Pack (which replaces the Change Management Pack) adds even more functionality likely fitting your needs, as described
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/doc.121/e24474/ch2_db_mgmt.htm#BABCFJHA

In discussing the Cloud Control packs with my customers (I am an independent consultant) I have found the cost can pretty much be justified when you compare to account developing and maintaining your own solution in the - as you say - quickly growing and multi-access (and multi-misinterpretation) environments found these days. Home grown solutions invariably depend on someone maintaining them, and people tend to want the flexibility to change jobs these days.

/Hans