Re: Definition of Top Class DBA

From: Justin Mungal <justin_at_n0de.ws>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 22:55:31 -0500

Fun question... I would think that a "World Class" DBA wouldn't call himself/herself that...

But, what does it take to be a world class Oracle person? I would say motivation, dedication, with maybe some Bobby Fischer-esque obsession. Someone who can't get enough of Oracle, spends a lot of time reading and keeping up, has worked in many environments, led talks at conferences, published (good) books, etc... Look at some of the big names in the Oracle world and you'll see what it takes to be world class.