Re: 回复: Oracle 12c Inmemory - don't stop thinking

From: Job Miller <jobmiller_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 09:11:13 -0700

Good article Martin and very impressive results for In-Memory.

The value of in-memory, OLAP, Cube materialized views, traditional MVs, indexes, and any other form of query optimization is ensuring that your strategy is actually being effectively applied to the problem queries.

For in-memory to be effective, I'd summarize with:

1.  Unless you have unlimited memory to store everything in memory, you have to think about what to put in memory to ensure your problem queries are resolved.

  -It's nice to see that you have that kind of granular control to not include stuff you don't need.

2.  You have to have enough memory to hold the required data.  -With memory capacity in systems going up up up, caution about how we use memory will probably continue to be reduced.
 -it would be interesting to see how only partially stored objects fare in other use cases.

As you said:  "13s to 0.35s, that’s 37 times faster."

That's impressive!

Job