RE: V$SYSSTAT versus V$SERVICE_STATS

From: Chitale, Hemant K <Hemant-K.Chitale_at_sc.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 14:44:02 +0800

Gah !! Gritting my teeth now .........

Thanks, anyway.

Hemant K Chitale

From: Justin Mungal [mailto:justin_at_n0de.ws] Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2014 2:39 PM
To: Chitale, Hemant K
Cc: ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: V$SYSSTAT versus V$SERVICE_STATS

Coming right up...

Connected to:

Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.1.0.1.0 - 64bit Production

With the Partitioning, OLAP, Advanced Analytics and Real Application Testing options

SQL>     select name

from v$sysstat

minus

select stat_name

from v$service_stats

where service_name = 'ORCL'

/

829 rows selected.

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 12:53 AM, Chitale, Hemant K <Hemant-K.Chitale_at_sc.com> wrote:

I am unhappy with the fact that we have only a few statistics reported at the Service level :

select name

from v$sysstat

minus

select stat_name

from v$service_stats

where service_name = ‘MY_SERVICE’;

The difference is about 600 statistics counters in 11.2.0.3

Is this improved in 12c ?

Hemant K Chitale

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify the sender immediately. You may wish to refer to the incorporation details of Standard Chartered PLC, Standard Chartered Bank and their subsidiaries at https://www.sc.com/en/incorporation-details.html.