RE: imp/ exp two many parameters

From: Iggy Fernandez <iggy_fernandez_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 07:44:00 -0700

Hi, Howard,Hi, Howard,
Would you cut and pasted some screen output and examples because I'm definitely confused now. "Works if line isn't too long" and "just hangs" are not the same as "used to work but now I get a too many parameters error". I'm not sure what a "novalidate parameter" is. Also, is the exact error message "too many parameters"? Kindest regards,
Iggy
From: howard.latham_at_gmail.com
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 08:13:02 +0100
Subject: Re: imp/ exp two many parameters To: JSweetser_at_icat.com
CC: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Yes same release and Version DID work. I have tried expdp same problem but I imagine it has various bells and whistles I may be able to use to get round it. Using <<EOFwith user name pass sysdba works
but only if line isnt too long. I have loads of noovalidate paramters AND imp (yes same problem) just hangs when I give a long line of paramaters.

On 28 May 2014 17:18, Sweetser, Joe <JSweetser_at_icat.com> wrote:

A bit more info please since this could be tricky with a deprecated utility. Did it work with 11.2 and RH4 and then stop working? If so, something obviously must have changed and I would focus efforts on figuring out what exactly. Was it working with 10g and then stopped working when you went to 11g? In that case, you may be SOL, since Oracle support won’t touch it. Any reason to not use data pump instead? I realize that doesn’t resolve the issue and/or answer your question but it would be a potential workaround. -joe From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Howard Latham Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 10:00 AM
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: imp/ exp two many parameters I have a linux shell script that used to run fine I had imp \'userid=sys/easyeasy as sysdba\' it used to work but now I get a too many parameters error. any ideas? rhat linux 4 Oracle 11.2 -- Howard A. Latham

Confidentiality Note: This message contains information that may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, disclose, distribute or take any action based on this message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply email and delete this message. Although ICAT Managers, LLC, Underwriters at Lloyd's, Syndicate 4242, scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses. Thank you.

--
Howard A. Latham