RE: Statistics collect ESTIMATE x COMPUTE

From: Chitale, Hemant K <Hemant-K.Chitale_at_sc.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 11:51:02 +0800

If you are collecting statistics for the Optimizer, you should be using DBMS_STATS. See the notes on the ANALYZE command at
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e41084/statements_4005.ht m#SQLRF01105

You will notice that the documentation no longer even mentions "compute" and "estimate" in the syntax diagram (as it used to in earlier versions)

Hemant K Chitale

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Eriovaldo Andrietta Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 9:16 AM
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: Statistics collect ESTIMATE x COMPUTE

Hello,

I have a doubt:

When I run ANALYZE TABLE <table name > compute statistics

Will Oracle consider 100% ?

and

If I run ANALYZE TABLE <table name> estimate statistics 100 percent;

Is it better than COMPUTE STATISTICS ?

Regards
Eriovaldo

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify the sender immediately. You may wish to refer to the incorporation details of Standard Chartered PLC, Standard Chartered Bank and their subsidiaries at https://www.sc.com/en/incorporation-details.html.