Re: Question about changing GI Home

From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 10:12:13 -0500

I've done a bunch of PSU applications using a similar process, and I've found that it's really not too complicated to switch the GI home (as long as it works at all <g>). I haven't tested the process of just switching homes but as long as it works in your test like the documentation says, then I wouldn't be suspicious. Alternatively, you could just install 11.2.0.4 into a different directory - like just 11204 or crs11204.  Personally, my top level grid directories are like "crs112038r2" where the 8 reflects the PSU number and the revision is for multiple builds (different one-off patches) on the same PSU. In general it's a good idea to follow OFA for directory layouts, but it's not a huge deal to diverge when you have a good reason - and honestly the OFA standards around GI are a still a bit conjectural anyway (IMO).
--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider