RE: ASMM

From: Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_RoswellPark.org>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 16:09:35 +0000

It has 32g ram and this is currently the only database.

Brian

From: Chris Taylor [mailto:christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com] Sent: Monday, May 12, 2014 11:23 AM
To: Zelli, Brian
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: ASMM

Ok, those are relatively small numbers in today's world but I assume the server this database is on either has a.) not much RAM, and/or b.) several database instances running?

One thing you'll notice is this line:
"Startup overhead in Shared Pool" - this is space used in your shared pool that is required at startup - as far as I know there is nothing we can do about this number, but this number subtracts from your available shared pool for "other things".

So, for example: Your shared pool size is 464MB and your startup overhead is 192MB, that leaves you with a "useable" shared pool of 272MB. That seems quite small to me. How much RAM does your Server have installed, and how many database instances are running on it?

Chris

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 10:09 AM, Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org<mailto:Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org>> wrote:

Fixed SGA Size                   2.07003021
Redo Buffers                     6.41796875
Buffer Cache Size                       592
Shared Pool Size                        464
Large Pool Size                          16
Java Pool Size                           16
Streams Pool Size                         0
Shared IO Pool Size                       0
Granule Size                             16
Maximum SGA Size                 1672.48828
Startup overhead in Shared Pool         192

NAME                                SIZE_MB
Free SGA Memory Available               576

Is the results of the query. It is a mix and there are a lot of SQL with literals.

Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.