Re: OEM 12c on windows 8

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 11:30:53 -0600

On 28/04/2014 10:29 AM, Maaz Anjum wrote:
> Would you consider using a Virtualbox Guest VM instead of installing
> directly onto your laptop? That way, you can chose a supported OS
> version and control (easily) the resources allocated to the Guest VM.
>
> That way you have two options, either install it from scratch, or
> download the VirtualBox template from edelivery.oracle.com/linux
> <http://edelivery.oracle.com/linux>
> (https://edelivery.oracle.com/EPD/Download/get_form?egroup_aru_number=16621066)
>
> Cheers,
> Maaz

Whether in a VM or on raw iron, the OEM Cloud Control has a significant resource requirement. If the OP's machine does not run a 64 bit OS and does not have 8GB RAM, it will be a challenge to get OEM installed and running properly.

That said - I have the VirtualBox VM running on a MacBook Pro and am quite happy.

/Hans