Re: Force users to use Active DG for reporting

From: Ricard Martinez <ricard.martinez_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 16:49:34 +0100

Yes, there is only one schema. So they connect to odbc connection RW or RO with the same schema, that have the same privileges on both databases (as they are primary and dataguard all is replicated between them). So we cant prevent them from connecting to the RW as they need to in order to do updates/insert.
We discarded resource limit because it will be up for the same schema in primary and dataguard, so will prevent running reports on both databases. The brute force kill is what we had though already, but is not very clean, so just checking for more ideas before implementing it.

Thanks again guys!