OMF or not OMF?

From: Jeff C <backseatdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 05:34:36 -0700

I have never used OMF for my database file structure and I was wondering is this what everybody is doing now? I realize that if you are using ASM you have to go with OMF so I am really only talking no ASM users. I guess I have always like control my file names and locations. But my next database I am about to create I was thinking of trying OMF. If I do go with it I will probably still manually control the location of the control files and archive files. Can you also create a non OMF temp tablespace?

Thanks for any input.