RE: Oracle Installer on Linux - issue with X windows

From: Amaral, Rui <Rui.Amaral_at_tdsecurities.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 08:44:15 -0500

I agree with Wayne. I have been using it for 18 months and works nicely with the built in x11 client. For those that do a lot of remote installs over a vpn/vdi client like Citrix it makes thins very simple. And yes limited connections forever is still part of the package of the free version.

Rui Amaral
Tower Lead, Database

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Wayne Smith Sent: Friday, January 31, 2014 8:41 AM
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: Oracle Installer on Linux - issue with X windows

I've been using MobaXTerm for about a year or so and like it very much. It replaces, PuTTY, Xming, SFTP, etc. Not free for "our" uses. Free to try on limited connections forever, as I recall. Good product that has been nicely enhanced over past year. No setup required in MobaXTerm or remote sesson for uses such as discussed here, as X is automatically enabled by default. Just works.

Cheers, Wayne

  • "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." Henry David Thoreau

NOTICE: Confidential message which may be privileged. Unauthorized use/disclosure prohibited. If received in error, please go to www.td.com/legal for instructions. AVIS : Message confidentiel dont le contenu peut être privilégié. Utilisation/divulgation interdites sans permission. Si reçu par erreur, prière d'aller au www.td.com/francais/avis_juridique pour des instructions.