Re: Oracle Installer on Linux - issue with X windows

From: Wayne Smith <wts_at_maine.edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 08:40:41 -0500

I've been using MobaXTerm for about a year or so and like it very much. It replaces, PuTTY, Xming, SFTP, etc. Not free for "our" uses. Free to try on limited connections forever, as I recall. Good product that has been nicely enhanced over past year.

No setup required in MobaXTerm or remote sesson for uses such as discussed here, as X is automatically enabled by default. Just works.

Cheers, Wayne

  • "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." Henry David Thoreau