Re: Forms Builder 11g w. Xming

From: Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 17:51:47 +0100

Hi Patrice,

Another option I have learned to appreciate is the use of vnc server. It is a not like Microsoft's Remote Desktop but free. Instead of executing software on your local X Server they run on the server's to which you connect with a vnc client. Red hat 6 uses tigervnc-server for the functionality you need. I generally found vnc to be faster and more reliable than X11 forwarding.

You could also use a workstation or VM with a Linux environment and ssh -X user_at_server to forward your connection. Just as with XMing you lose your session if your network connection drops.

Hope this helps,

Martin
--

Martin Bach