Fwd: MV's monitoring

From: Justin Mungal <justin_at_n0de.ws>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 09:29:18 -1000

Whoops, forgot to include the list.
  • Forwarded message ---------- From: Justin Mungal <justin_at_n0de.ws> Date: Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 7:16 PM Subject: Re: MV's monitoring To: smishra_97_at_yahoo.com

Yes, you can use standard auditing for auditing materialized view access. If it's not working make sure you're not doing the operation as SYS and also have AUDIT_SYS_OPERATIONS set to false.

As SYS:

SQL> create materialized view mv_data_files as (select * from dba_data_files);

Materialized view created.

SQL> audit select on mv_data_files;

Audit succeeded.

As JUSTIN:

SQL> select count(*) from sys.mv_data_files;

  COUNT(*)

         5

As SYS again:

SQL> select distinct obj_name from dba_audit_trail;

OBJ_NAME

MV_DATA_FILES If you're only concerned with access from the last few days, the audit trail provides the time stamp of when the action took place.

Fine Grained Auditing requires Enterprise Edition, and would be most useful when you are interested in auditing only specific activities. See the manual for more information on this.
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/network.112/e36292/auditing.htm#DBSEG525

You can also see the actual text of the query if you need to with standard auditing, by using extended auditing.

ie.

As SYS:

SQL> alter system set audit_trail=db_extended scope=spfile;

System altered.

<bounce db>

As justin:

SQL> select count(*) from sys.mv_data_files;

  COUNT(*)

         5

Now, we can see the actual sql text in the view:

  1 select username, sql_text from dba_audit_trail   2* where sql_text is not null
SQL> / USERNAME

SQL_TEXT

JUSTIN