Re: standby databases and memory consumption

From: Nassyam Basha <nassyambasha_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 07:43:19 +0530

Before thinking of SGA/PGA, I would like to ask some questions
  1. Have you configured ADG? - so that database uses for reporting purpose.
  2. what is version ?

If the database is not using ADG/ database in mount and just performing recovery(MRP)... In this case there are no transactions or any reporting expected then you can start from minimum and later you can also refer to views such as v$sga_target_advice for optimal value so on and you can increase instance memory if only required.

Thanks,
Nassyam Basha