Re: standby databases and memory consumption

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 07:49:59 +0000

Is pga not only allocated when a process request it? If so, there is little use to set the pga to a low value on the standby db.

Depending on your OS, you can maybe set the sga_size and sga_max_size differently, But on Linux I think Oracle will allocate directly the memory up to sga_max_size (but not use it).

kind regards,

--

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime

On ma, 2014-01-06 at 14:36 -0900, Maureen English wrote:

Anyone willing to share what they set pga and sga values to for a standby database?

We currently have ours set to the same as our primary databases, but are looking at finding what minimum values we can use for as long as the database is in standby mode.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Jan 07 2014 - 08:49:59 CET

Original text of this message