Re: EXTERNAL: OT: Linux vendor survey results

From: Matthew Zito <matt_at_crackpotideas.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 13:31:38 -0500

If that's accurate, that's an extremely hostile statement on the part of Oracle. Linux is open source, and in general, other than some video drivers that are still a sensitive subject, kernel modules are not closed source. For Oracle to take all of the work that Red Hat put into building RHEL, copy all of the bits they *did not* make closed source, and then reimplement just the pieces they choose and call it proprietary is very troubling.

Matt