Re: EXTERNAL: OT: Linux vendor survey results

From: Don Seiler <don_at_seiler.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 12:22:21 -0600

I can also say that OEL/UEK contains some fixes that aren't available in RHEL. In my case it was that Oracle UEK had a complete re-write of the OFA module (open fabric). The RHEL version of this module causes DirectNFS to choke on Infiniband. Oracle is not sharing their re-write back to RH since they say it's proprietary. However we're still on RHEL so we had to abandon our Infiniband plans.

Don.

--
Don Seiler
http://www.seiler.us