RE: More Support woes!

From: Paul Houghton <Paul.Houghton_at_admin.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 14:53:54 +0000

Hi Niall

I followed the procedure in the doc ID you refer to. As I say there was no obvious option on the menu to deal with an open SR. Here is the list (Abbreviated a little)

1 Software version updates product availability or license information

2 Purchase new licenses

3 MOS access and navigation

4 Support contact inactive CSI

5 sublicenses (You have to send an email)

6 Hold if your call does not related to any of the above categories

I held. The menu choices were repeated. I selected option 3 and asked that my SR be escalated. The escalation status on my SR is still "Never Escalated" This was on Friday.

I note that the call also refers to updating the SR. I have tried this in the past (Several years ago) and the call was never escalated, even though I complained every time I updated the SR.

I was rather relived when Howard posted, because I thought it was just me experiencing deteriorating support from Oracle. Presumably you get better support than me. I am interested in what I can do to improve the support I get.

Cheers

PaulH