RE: Oracle Library Cache

From: Vana <mvshelton_at_chartermi.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 21:08:12 -0400

I fully agree with you that tuning from this perspective would not be a good idea. I am just trying to figure out if this is related to a library cache mutex x wait which I believe maybe related to a vpd policy. I noticed these high miss percentages. I cannot find SQL AREA STATS or SQL AREA BUILD documented and it makes want to know the answer. The library cache mutex x wait was fixed by recreating the VPD policy which make me suspicious. To explain further I had about 6 query's running in parallel 8 on a Oracle RAC environment. The query's were running with parallel local so each query was not running across the cluster. These query's were selecting against 2 very large range hash partitioned tables.

Thanks, Matt